Monday 10 September 2018

Everyone in Oxford should follow the efforts of OPAL Alliance

Beachville-area landfill simply must not be permitted

The real possibility of a major Metro Toronto dump arriving in Oxford County continues to be just that -- a real possibility.
I congratulate all involved with OPAL Alliance (Oxford People Against the Landfill). This group has been determined for many years in its battle against Walker Industries (www.walkerind.com). It would seem almost impossible to thank that an outside company could plan on using a different community as a location for a landfill.
There's lots of info to be read at www.opalalliance.ca and be sure to join their Facebook page too. 
I realize this is most certainly not a new topic but as a candidate for City Council in Woodstock I felt it was important to express my thoughts too. I am 100% against the proposed Carmeuse landfill, and I wish that when this quarry is retired the entire parcel of land becomes a nature preserve for fish and plants, other animals and for Oxford residents to enjoy.
It's amazing to see that when you put your name forward for a public office that groups ask for your opinion. I was contacted by OPAL for my thoughts and sent them a submission. Everything that is an important issue in Oxford is also an important issue to everyone residing in Woodstock. This adage is also true for good news because great employment / economic news for one community will create a positive effect in every corner of Oxford. 
On Oct. 22, vote Mark Schadenberg.
The Time Is Now!





No comments:

Post a Comment